Cost – $650 Per-Student (group discount will apply 6+ people)
Location – Available Upon Registration
Duration – 4 Days/ 3 Nights
Dates – TBD (Book Now)
Firecraft – Students will explore the primitive method of Friction Fire through the use of the Bowdrill. Students will create bird nests/tinder bundles from natural materials and blow embers to flame. Friction Fire will be the only means of ignition on this course – Overview of different wood, and the creation of a set in regards to your spindle, hearth-board, bow, bearing block and birds nest.
Advanced Shelter Building – Shelters constructed will be determined based on terrain, season and weather conditions. Students will create a permanent shelter in a group setting. Students will live out of the shelter for the duration of the course.
Camp Cooking – Students will be shown how to implement stone & wood planks to cook meals in the field, without the use of modern conveniences. Proper tree identification will also be used, in order to identify correct fuel sources for the fire.
Wild Edibles – SEASONAL – Students will be shown proper identification of wild edibles safe to consume, along with bark foods.
Bushcraft – Carving, Knife & Axe Safety, Natural Cordage, Hunting Implements & Tools.
Water Procurement & Processing – Find and identify clean water sources, learn how to purify and treat contaminated water. Students will create a base camp water filter for large amounts of filtration along with primitive vessels to hold the resource
Kit Mentality – Choose the correct items in regards to limited tool selection. What kit will take precedence, as you learn to build what you need from the land. Learn how to properly pack your gear with accessibility and the hierarchy of needs in mind.
Fire Side Discussion – As a group the principle philosophy of wilderness living will be discussed, concluding each night by the fire. Open conversation and ideas welcomed (within reason).
1) Large Fixed Blade Knife w/ 90 Degree Spine (One Tool Option)
2) Stainless Steel Water Bottle or Canteen
3) 100ft of Paracord or Bankline (Cordage)
4) Folding Saw
5) Tarp (Minimum 10x10ft)
6) Sleeping System – Sleeping Bag/Wool Blanket (Appropriate for Season)
7) Work Gloves (Leather Recommended)
8) Head Lamp with Flashlight (Bring extra batteries)
10) Note Pad + Pen/Pencil
11) Appropriate Clothing & Footwear (Boots + Camp Shoes)
12) Required Medication
13) Desired Food or Drink (Food will be supplied on this course)
14) Backpack for Gear
The Primitive Wilderness Living Skills course was created for people 18 years of age and older
– The Primitive Wilderness Living Skills course is the most intense learning experience in the Primitive Living curriculum, The Basic and Intermediate must be completed first
– Students should be in optimal health (Mentally & Physically), as hiking and rigorous activity is a guarantee
– Location, lodging and further information will be e-mailed upon registration
– This course has a 14-day non-refundable, non-transferable cancellation policy. We MUST be informed of cancellation 2 weeks prior to the start of the course in order to obtain any refund
–Basic Wilderness Skills & Intermediate Skills or a Custom Course
There are no reviews yet.